Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Flashback Friday - March (Part 3)

Even though it's April now, I want to finish my March posts because there are so many great memories to share. Happy Easter to everyone! We had a great time with family on both sides!!

2011

This is the year I turned 27. Eeekkk! I had recently moved to San Dimas and had all of my friends out for a country-western themed party. I made pulled pork sandwiches for everyone and bought a new cowgirl outfit. 




After dinner we headed to the only real club-ish place in San Dimas...which also happens to be a country and line dancing bar!!! Montana's is one of my favorite places. I've only been there a few times but it reminds me of Texas, which is probably why I always have a blast. 

We went out to Spring Training again this year and, again, had a blast.



Me with Chris' sister Allison, and his future WIFE Lindsay


Dave breakin it down.


Chris and Peter Bourjous playing for the Angels.



A beautiful day for some baseball. And with my new hat from Mom and Ky!!




St. Patty's Day Celebrations:

New Shirts for the occasion!

Green beer after soccer.


Also in this month, Camille came up to San Dimas for a visit! I remember she told me she thought San Dimas was ghetto until she actually visited. Hopefully her mind was changed, especially after this past weekend's Spring Break visit!

We went to lunch in Claremont and got manis and pedis.

Then headed to Hollywood to see Beauty & the Beast at the Pantages Theatre. The show was great!! And yes, that blue dress that Camille is wearing is mine. The same one I was wearing at Spring Training a few pictures ago!! 





Lastly this year was Vance & Jeni's wedding. They are getting ready to celebrate their 2nd anniversary! It was held at the Nixon Presidential Library in Yorba Linda and everything was just gorgeous!

The bride and her daddy walking to "Marry Me" by Train.


Nick Salvino, John Kolbeck, Amber Kolbeck, and Ashley Salvino.


Beautiful centerpieces. They also had a pie/cheesecake station in place of regular wedding cake and bobblehead cake toppers!


Us with the Bride and Groom!

2012
This was another full March! I think it's safe to say this is a busy time every year. We took another trip out to Tempe for Spring Training and combined it with my 28th birthday celebration. I think this was the best trip yet. It's always so nice to get out to the beautiful sunshine after the cooler Winter months.








Then once we got back there were even more birthday celebrations!

Cake and presents with the Kolbeck family...




Then the March birthday celebration at the Redfield's.





The last major event that happened in March 2012 was Tara and Rob's wedding!!! They had an amazingly fun wedding weekend full of lots of events. They got married on a yacht in Marina del Rey, which was beautiful. Their wedding was on a Sunday. Because there was another wedding on the same boat on Saturday, the rehearsal and dinner was on Friday.
The Yacht - Same one Snoop Dogg got married on!


The Girls!

Bridesmaids

The Bride to Be

Rob looking sophisticated

This left us all of Saturday (St. Patrick's Day!) to visit with everyone and enjoy the beach. Yes, I looked ridiculous this day because I got a spray tan on Friday night and it needed a couple days to set and tone it down.
We went to Brennan's which was an old LMU hangout for St. Patrick's Day

Ben and Krystal came to town!


Sunday was the big day! And it was so much fun! I loved hanging out with all of the girls beforehand and knew that I wanted to do the same thing for my wedding day. Our very own Lauren of L-4-Love was the wedding planner. She did an amazing job transforming the yacht into a beachy, beautiful, succulent-filled wedding. You can read about the details on her blog: http://www.l-4-love.com/1/post/2012/09/tara-rob-kowsaluk-31812.html

Here are a few highlights from the day.
It was a beautiful day. This was the view of the Marina from the Bridal Suite.

Me after hair and makeup!

The dresses

Gorgeous transformation

The walk

Their Married!!

Me and My Handsome Date.

Roomies forever!

Us with the Bride and Groom

Being Silly on the dance floor

I loved the orange and blue!!

No comments:

Post a Comment