Wednesday, March 27, 2013

When Your Bananas Go Bad...

Make banana bread!!

I've been waiting for our bunch of bananas to be ripe enough to make banana bread and yesterday was finally the day. I don't have a special banana bread recipe. In fact, I usually just search the internet until I find one that seems good.

This time I wanted to spice up my bread so I checked Pinterest and found a recipe for Whole Wheat Chocolate Banana Bread!! I already had the whole wheat flour and cocoa powder and just needed the almond meal. Apparently almond meal is just ground up almonds that can be used in breads and cakes as part of a low carb diet. With these ingredients, the recipe is relatively healthy!

The bread turned out great but is quite chocolaty so I don't think I'll make this version every time.

By the way, I got my almond meal at Trader Joe's and while I was there, discovered my new favorite snack: Speculoos Cookie Butter and Coconut Cookie Thins. Seriously this is a must try!! Probably not as healthy as my banana bread but so addicting. Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment