Friday, March 22, 2013

Flashback Friday - March (Part 1)

There are lots of fun activities in the month of March...my birthday, Mom's birthday, Pat's birthday, St. Patty's Day, the first day of Spring, and sometimes Easter! So far, I've found TONS of March pictures dating back to 2003!! Since there are so many, I'm going to leave the Easter pics for next month and post March memories in pieces.

2003
Our March birthday celebration. I was 19 and in my Freshman year at LMU! For those of you that don't know, I share a birthday with my late great grandfather, Granddaddy, and I always think of him during this time of year. Look how tan Mom is!!


2004
My 20th birthday celebration at Aunt Julie and Uncle Dave's old house on Raspberry Way. Look how cute Camille is!!

Of course we had to get in a game of badminton.

Tara, Casie and Krystal came down to celebrate too!

Yummmm, my favorite dessert! And our little helper. ;)

2005
For some reason I couldn't find any pictures from 2005. I'm sure we were out on some sort of road trip for softball. This is the year I turned 21!!

2006
Not much from this year either. I do remember that we had a softball game on March 11th, BUT there was 100% chance of rain! To this day, I have never heard that forecast again. We thought there was no chance we'd play if there was no doubt it would rain. So the girls and I went to the Cheesecake Factory in Marina del Rey, where we would celebrate all of our special occasions. We may have had a little too much fun! We woke up the next day and it was raining at our apartment (1 mile from campus) but nice and clear at the field! Who woulda thought?! We ended up playing...can't remember the outcome. We still get a good laugh out of that and blame it on the fact that before we played any games on that new field, it was officially blessed by LMU and its priests. God really does watch over that field.

Anyways, here are a couple softball pictures that I wanted to share. Dad and Camille relaxing at Smith Field.

Camille's softball days. Such a cutie pie.

2007
Celebrating my 23rd birthday at Sharkeez in Manhattan Beach. From left, Casie, Lauren, Britt, Samantha, Tiffany, Emily.

2008
For my 24th birthday, we took a little road trip down to the Gaslamp in San Diego. We stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel which was brand new at the time and beautiful. It was a great time!

Scotty being Scotty.

View of the SD Convention Center and the water beyond.

 My birthday sundae.

Simbee (Sam, Margo, Brittany) being silly.

From left, Ashley, Britt, Danny, Samatha, Tara, Rob, Margo, Brandon

My wonderful coworkers outdid themselves with my cube decorations!

And these pictures of me and my sissy's lying around were too good to leave out! Not sure this was March but who cares!!





No comments:

Post a Comment