Saturday, September 11, 2010

Year in Review - June 2009

June was a busy month. Again, traveling to DC a bit, birthdays, and lots of sports.

1. John's sister, Amber, graduated from Cal State Fullerton in May so the Kolbeck's were hosting a graduation party. The Kolbecks are a HUGE family...like 20+ first cousins alone...and this would be my first experience with them. I'm sure Mom remembers how I was freaking out about what to wear. Just like every time I freak out, it turned out perfectly fine and, since John's still around, I'm pretty sure I made a good impression. Unfortunately, there aren't any good pics of the final outfit. :(



John's toast to his Sister.


2. That same weekend we went down to San Clemente to hang out at Chris' family's beach house. It was a great day to hang out at the beach. This was also my first experience with Pedro's Tacos!! It was delicious and I remember how excited Dad was that someone else had the same appreciation for that tiny little taco stand.



View from the Beach.


Sunset from the Beach House.

3. Since John's family has season tickets for the Angels, we have been lucky enough to go to a TON of games with great seats. The first time I got to go was when the Padres played the Angels...which John had been planning since we met and he'd found out I was a Padres fan.



Here are some pictures from another game later on in the month.

4. The Saturday before Father's Day, John's friend Jeff had a birthday party with a "Jersey" theme where everyone had to wear a sports jersey. It was a fun time with a great turnout.

5. I drove home on Sunday to spend Father's Day with the fam. We had dinner at Aunt Julie, Uncle Dave, and Ben's house. From what I can recall, Mama B and Daddy Doodle Dog dominated in lawn golf. Here are some pictures of us goofing around. Look how young Camille looks!!



















6. The month of June was seen out with LMU Alumni Night @ Dodger Stadium. Since my friend Danny works for LMU, he usually tries to get all of us out to the events. This one included a reception and BBQ prior to the game (Mariners @ Dodgers). We had nosebleed seats so it was really about enjoying each other's company. Rob, Tara's fiancee isn't a huge sports guy but really enjoyed the Dodger dogs...



June was the perfect start to a great summer. From here on out, it's been one crazy, fun, happy event after another!!

No comments:

Post a Comment