Saturday, September 11, 2010

Year in Review - April/May 2009

It's been over a year since I last posted something. Most of you are kept pretty up to date on my life but I still have lots of stories and pictures that I like to share! I'm going to attempt a "Year in Review" starting from April 2009, around the time we took our trip to Louisiana (see previous post). This might come in the form of multiple posts since I don't have time to do the entire year this morning.
And, to be even more ambitious, I'm going to try to make blogging a new Saturday morning routine.

APRIL 2009
This was the last month I lived in Redondo Beach. Shortly after our trip to Louisiana, I moved home for six months or so to save money while I was still working from home. Prior to our trip to Louisiana, I met John during a night out with my friends. His best friend, Chris, played baseball at LMU so we have lots of mutual friends but hadn't met until now. Here's a picture of that first night:

Me being me, I didn't realize he was trying to flirt and talk to me until he called the following week to ask me out on a date. Our first date was also my last night in LA so John and I went to dinner and then met up with some of my friends for a "Farewell".


From there, it's pretty much history.
At the end of the month I went out to Palm Springs for the Stagecoach Music Festival. It was two days full of my favorite country music singers. A group of close to 20 of us rented a huge, beautiful house in the area, laid by the pool in the morning and walked to the Indio Polo Club for the concerts in the afternoon. I didn't go this year (2010) but it's definitely on my to-do list for 2011. I can't seem to find my pictures right now so you'll have to take my word that it was awesome!!

MAY 2009
During May I was traveling from LA to DC for work, but the weekends were full of birthdays and holidays. Margo had an 80's pub crawl through Manhattan and Hermosa Beaches which was a blast. We were quite the spectacle...



The following weekend, the Chicago Cubs were in San Diego to play the Padres. Obviously, I am a Padres fan at heart, and John is a Cubs fan so we got tickets and went to the Friday night game. It was John's first time at Petco Park and I hadn't been in a while so it was a lot of fun to explore the area. Did you know there's a meal deal where you get a hot dog, peanuts, cookie and a soda for $10?!? What a quick and easy dinner!



Tiffany and her boyfriend, Scottie were in LA on this weekend (which happened to be Memorial Day) so we made it back to Hermosa Beach to hang out with the gang. In case you didn't know, Tiff moved back to Santa Rosa to be with her family and rekindled the flame with her high school boyfriend, who she is now engaged to!




No comments:

Post a Comment