Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Give your morning coffee a boost

I think I've previously written about the benefits of coconut oil and how delicious it is in your coffee. I used to mix my morning coffee, coconut oil and a bit of creamer in our Magic Bullet. But we upgraded to the Nutri Bullet and read that you should not mix hot liquids in it. So my coconut oil was on hiatus for a while.

Then I started to think about what else I might have in the kitchen that would do the trick. I used to have a small immersion hand blender that would be perfect for this. Instead I pulled out my larger hand mixer (mostly used for mashed potatoes, baking, etc) and started mixing my coffee!!

The only caution is to make sure you mix enough so that the consistency of the coconut oil is smooth, clear and mixed into the coffee instead of a film sitting on top. I love starting my day like this and highly recommend this concoction!! I think it may be time to buy an immersion blender to make this process a bit quicker and easier.


No comments:

Post a Comment