Friday, July 26, 2013

Quick Foodie Update

Eeeek! I have not written in a while!

I have continued my experimentation in the kitchen and thought I would quickly share a few recent recipes that I've loved. Most ALL of them have been Pinterest-inspired. I cannot say enough about Pinterest. There are SO many great ideas across a plethora of topics.

I made this Lemon Chicken recipe for John's birthday and it turned out great! Pair with some whole wheat angel hair pasta and you've got a meal.
Pinterest Picture:
Grandma liked making this classic Italian dish because the buttery lemon sauce was such an easy way to add flavor to thin, quick-cooking chicken breasts.
http://pinterest.com/pin/7036943140847120/

Final Product: (In the bottom right corner. Accompanied by some German beer and homemade chocolate chip cookies.)


Roasted shrimp and broccoli is one of my new favorite dinners because it's something just a little bit different. I've recently regained an appreciation for broccoli, and seafood is something we don't get much of around here.
Roasted Shrimp & Broccoli yum!!!
http://pinterest.com/pin/7036943140714713/

I made these quinoa pizza bites as a healthy snack. They were actually pretty good and very filling. The only problem is that they are very moist so they must be refrigerated or finished in one sitting! Serving with pizza dipping sauce is a must. Not sure if I will try this one again. John prefers real pizza!

http://www.thegardengrazer.com/2012/10/quinoa-pizza-bites.html

The Balsamic Glazed Steak Rolls are probably my favorite from this list. I LOVE steak and this was just enough of a twist to keep it interesting.
Pinterest Picture:
Balsamic Glazed Steak Rolls

My Pictures: (pretty similar, huh?!)






Next up on my list is Coconut Chicken, Stuffed Flank Steak, and a Cinnamon French Toast Bake. Yummy!!! Y'all are welcome to visit anytime you want! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment