Friday, March 11, 2011

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years...

Just wanted to say thank you for all of the birthday calls, texts, emails and cards! As always, the love is overwhelming.

I had a great day, (preceded by 9 days of small, thoughtful gifts from John) which started with breakfast burritos from a local place called Classic Burger. I devoured the entire thing! I had to work most of the day but was able to get out a bit early to head to dinner at Victoria Gardens in Rancho Cucamonga, which is a really large, beautiful outdoor mall with all the best shops, music, lights, water show, etc. It reminds me of a larger version of the Carlsbad Outlets.

We ate at Harry's Pacific Grill which had great food. I had pan friend fish over pepperjack potatoes with a Cosmotizzle to drink (see picture below).


John had a soccer game at 8:40 so we headed to Upland Sports Arena next where the team sang 'Happy Birthday' with a tray of chips and salsa with a candle!


After an intense soccer game and a great win, we headed back to my apartment where my roommate had cupcakes and a beautifully decorated cake waiting! How sweet and thoughtful! Unfortunately, she will not be able to make the b-day festivities this weekend because she's headed to Dallas with her lacrosse team today. Say hi to Ky for me!


Tonight, John & I are going wine tasting in Claremont with a friend and his girlfriend. Claremont is another cozy little town in the area with a really cute downtown area that I LOVE! Check out the Claremont City Tourbook Online!

Tomorrow my friends are coming out for dinner and a visit to my favorite local country bar, Montana's which is less than 2 miles from my apartment. To keep with the theme of the evening, I'll be serving pulled pork sandwiches, coleslaw, baked beans, and fire roasted corn. I'm so excited and swear I should have been born in Texas! Seems like that goes for all the Bassett girls!

I'll share more pictures when I have them available but thanks again for the birthday love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment